|Friends and co-workers!|
As I reflect on my experiences and feelings, I struggle to pinpoint what I have learned or how I have changed - but both have occurred. Here is what I have come up with so far...
- It takes an open mind (and a fair amount of courage) to adapt to new cultures and environments
- Take unexpected/unpleasant situations and turn them into a positive!
- Creativity can stem from limited resources
- Flexibility is a necessity in teaching
- Attitude is EVERYTHING - can make or break you!
- Do not be afraid to stand up for what you believe - especially when it comes to best practice!
- Connecting with kids is the same everywhere, and the best part of teaching!
- A little bit of kindness goes a long way
- Embrace every opportunity and make the best of it
- Happiness comes from serving others
- Appreciate all that you have
- If you build it, they will come
- Patience, patience, patience
- To love and be loved is the greatest blessing of all!!!
In my last blog, I leave you with an old Irish blessing...
May the Road Rise to Meet You
May the Wind be Always at Your Back
May the Sun Shine Warm Upon Your Face
The Rain Fall Soft Upon Your Fields
And Until We Meet Again
|Flog the Dog|
May God Hold You in the Palm of His Hand
|"Whatever keeps you happy..."|