|Dingle - West Coast|
My first week in school was filled with a lot of figuring out what I will be doing, observation, getting to know staff members, helping with assessments, grading and activities leading up to the Halloween celebration on Friday. I will be doing a majority of my teaching in 1st and 2nd class - a combined class of 6-8 year old students (equivalent to 1st and 2nd grade). Another portion of my time will be spent teaching computers to class 3 and 4. For anyone that knows me, you understand that I am computer illiterate. Technology is one of my student teaching goals, so it is perfect to have this opportunity and also perfect that my roomie here in Ireland is a techie guru. :0)
Holiday for a week? Trick or Treat.... TREAT!!!
A second was not wasted as Nora and I tackled much of Ireland:
- Ballybunion coast and cliffs - Climbed!
- Groupie of local band "Flog the Dog" - Committed!
- Dingle loop - Most Western Coast of Ireland... and Europe for that matter. - Amazed!
- Halloween and mad shopping in Galway (favorite place!) - Accomplished!
- Abandoned Castles and more... (Connemara area) Explored!
- Haunted Bed and Breakfast in Clifden - Survived!
- Touring Dublin city and hitting the hot spots within 24 hours - Americanized!
- Long bus rides - Tolerated!
|Ireland's beautiful countryside!|
Ireland is a beautiful country!!! Breathtaking. I look forward to seeing more, but for now...
"After the holiday" has arrived. Looking forward to diving in and doing what I came here to do - teach!